In episode #5 part 1, I sit down with Mike Hix on Thanksgiving day and we speak about fly fishing and fly tying. Mike is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to fishing and especially in the fly tying space. We focus on tying flies and how to progress into higher quality equipment. Additionally, I pick his brain about types of flies and hatches during certain parts of the year.
- Mike's passion for fly fishing and where/when fly tying became a hobby?
- What is the basic equipment needed for an amateur fly tyer?
- What is the typical progression in terms of mastering certain fly patterns?
- What is Mike's favorite fly/flies to tie?
- Dry Flies, Wet Flies, Soft Hackles, Emergers, Nymphs, Terrestrials, Streamers
- Commercial fly tyer produces upwards of 36,000 flies annually… How many do you tie in a year?
You can contact Mike at: email@example.com
In addition, check out the other RnA Outdoors social media feeds for more up to date information: